Wednesday 15 August 2012

Day 15: The Halfway Mark

In celebration of the halfway point I've decided to re-visit the me from Whole30 Eve to see if there have been any changes.
 
Profile - as of Whole30 Eve - additions in regular text are as of Day 15
Female
Age: 30
Weight: Heavy - still heavy, but maybe a little lighter
Height: 5'9"
Favorite Foods: Pizza, nachos, steak, hot wings, caesar salad, Mary Browns, pretty much any kind of cheese. I think that some of these items would still make it onto my favorites list but would be eaten very rarely and I would probably be a lot more picky. For example, at this point, I can't picture a life without pizza, but it would have to be really good pizza like Piatto. I haven't longed for any of the items above. I've been eating steak regularly, I've had chicken with hot sauce which is kind of like hot wings. I do miss cheese and caesar salad but I do hope to be able to add them back into my lifestyle at the end of the Whole30 even though I will be conscious of the sugar in the dressing and I may avoid croutons. I do miss Mary Browns, but that will be a very infrequent purchase for me. Not anywhere near the frequency that I ate it before the Whole30.
Favorite Treats: ice cream (particularly McFlurries), any kind of potato chips, any kind of pastry, shaken donuts at Montanas. - I did miss ice cream, but I found that banana's frozen, put through the food processor with a little coconut milk is a great substitute! And there are options too! I've been thinking of adding raspberries, cocoa, almond butter, and other fruit to the mix to make different flavors. And I find it sweet enough. I've been eating some plantain or kale chips instead of potato chips. I'm kind of thinking that potato chips may now have a "fake" or chemical taste to them. We'll see if I add them back. I have been having some cravings over the past few days for something sweet and flaky. That being said, I have done no experimental baking. I know that Whole9 says not to paleo-ify desserts but I think I may need to try something to keep my sanity. Jaclyn had an interesting recipe for a Whole30 compliant Apple Spice Zucchini Breakfast Cake. I may give that a go over the weekend.
Favorite Drinks: Coffee milk and 2 sweetener, diet pepsi, A&W rootbeer - flavored natural teas, cinnamon heart and peppermint being my favorite, carbonated water with a splash of fruit juice at social events, and coffee with coconut cream - yes I am getting used to it. It's not so bad...
Alcohol: Yes please... errr... ale or red wine.
Veggies most likely found in my fridge: peppers, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes. - the same as before with the addition of cauliflower, sweet potato, broccoli slaw, asparagus, spinach, and baby bok choy
Activity Level: Running 4-ish km, 2-3 times per week, hiking 1-2 hours once every 2 weeks - I HATE walking and I HATE stairs. I will find any excuse to get out of these activities, ask Nicole. - Still running, now adding bathroom exercises (although not consistently)
Other Activity: Gardening, I grow my own herbs and veggies including carrots, peas, lettuce, beets and pumpkins. - The garden is coming along great this summer. I will add some pics when my computer is fixed.
Health Issues: IBS (symptoms have significantly decreased since I cut out wheat some time ago), slight acne, dry and itchy legs, intermittent neck soreness (could be related to chest size...), infrequent sciatic nerve issues. - IBS, about the same, I think I'm still healing and trying to get used to the dietary changes, acne seems to be clearer, legs have not been so itchy.
Frequency of take out food consumed: average of 2/5 workday lunches, and 2 additional times per week at home. - Nothing in 15 days!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing incredibly well, and being so good to yourself! Just think, it's only been two weeks of cutting out that stuff and your taste buds have changed radically in that span of time. You also seem to be listening to your body a whole lot more now that you've created an environment in which you can hear it. Good for you! I hope you celebrated with a cinnamon tea tonight.

    ReplyDelete