Thursday 2 August 2012

Day 2: A Shopping Trip to the Organic Food Section

Day 2... feels like... any other day!

I started the day with a nice 4.4km run with two good friends. Ladies, I know you are reading. We actually made better time today than we ever have, we actually increased our pace today by almost a minute. We covered more distance in less time. So give yourselves a big pat on the back! It was a beautiful morning but it was hot: the sun was out; it was 16 degrees at 6am; and ,there was no wind. But we made it, we even ran up Glebe Street without stopping. Not that Newfoundland is very flat but this is a steep hill. And we all made it to the top, albeit not without a number of curses escaping our lips!

Speaking of cursing, I was cursing a little on Nicole this afternoon on my 4th set of wall pushups. It was 3:30 and I was already on pushup #100. Nicole was the one to suggest this activity, and I was the one silly enough to make it one of my goals during this Whole30. But it's all good activity so I should just buck up, do my pushups, and run back to my desk to hide in comfort with a big mug of cinnamon tea, right?

Mmmm cinnamon tea... I might have to switch to tea and drop the coffee. Coconut milk is delicious but coffee without any form of sweetener is not. If I hit a 3pm wall in the coming weeks, it's going to be because I haven't had my usual amount of coffee, not because I cheated. It's just not that good when it's bitter. But I know, I know, it's get better... I just need to have patience. However, I hope it gets better soon!

On the way home today I had to stop at the grocery store and pick up some more coconut milk this evening. First time I ever bought anything from the organic food section! I've browsed the area but never actually bought anything. I had to buy mini cans of coconut milk cuz they were out of the regular ones, but I also picked up a "chocolate" tea. Sounds good, huh?

I am now finally settling down for the evening with a pot of that divine cinnamon tea. We just finished supper a little while ago and lunch is made for tomorrow. Barry even offered to make me dessert: a banana with almond butter. But I actually turned it down. I know, shocking huh? I turned down food? I was full! I didn't need or want dessert! Just a nice soothing cup of tea and a book to read or an episode of tv to watch. Barry did a wonderful job of cooking supper yet again, I must tell him thank you.

Food Diary for Today: 
Breakfast: chili, a quarter avocado and a half dozen strawberries
Lunch: leftover pork chops, mushrooms and onions, baby bok choy, the other quarter of the avocado and 2 clementines
Snack: proscuitto (plus I tasted some coconut oil and some almond butter, both for the first time)
Supper: grilled stiploin with a natural steak spice, half a sweet potato (I know there is a whole one in the pic above but I saved half for my lunch tomorrow), and a dozen asperagus spears

Activity Log:
4.4km run
Two rounds of stretches
175 wall pushups

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanne, wow, you are doing so great! What did you think of the almond butter? Once stirred really well, I love it. And kudos to you on those wall push-ups. I am not able to get to mine as often - or the bathroom to be completely honest - with two little dudes under my feet during the day. Your shoulders and arms are going to love the extra work you are putting in.

    I hope the coconut milk coffee grows on you. I am on my second cup this morning and just love it.

    ReplyDelete