Tuesday 7 August 2012

Finding Balance

Today my husband gave me the gift of a day off with the family. We went to a wonderful sandy beach an hour away - the kids had a blast and we did too. Food was simple, I didn't take pictures. I was Whole30 compliant and it wasn't an effort - as I mentioned before, there is no counting, weighing, logging, measuring involved.

Today's simple eats (note: it's been warm here and my appetite has waned):

Breakfast was perfectly scrambled eggs (husband is magic with those), four strips of bacon (Whole30 compliant as it has no sugar but it is factory-farmed, thus I will limit eating it), leftover sautéed veggies. One coffee with coconut milk.

Lunch/Dinner: On the drive home, I ate a serving of the leftover curried carrot and apple slaw.

Although I made dinner for everyone else this evening (amazing Paleo pancakes with blueberries and a teeny amount of mini chocolate chips for the boys), I wasn't hungry and didn't eat. Still haven't and I'm heading to bed now, right after a quick shower to wash the memories of beach away. I'm trying to improve my sleep habits. Good night!




3 comments:

  1. Great pics! The boys look like they had a blast! Steve too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Whole30, and I still haven't had enough of an appetite decrease to ever skip a meal. I'm wondering if finally weaning Baby Belle will have an impact on my appetite and weight...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jac, I don't know if it's a good thing that I have such little appetite. I might be wreaking havoc with my metabolism.

      Delete